Tuesday, August 5, 2008
My 11th day of my job!
Oh my God,can't believe it's my 11th day of my job already..okok, not very long, but it seemed very long...and I guess the colleagues of mine also apparently thought that I have been working very long with them already, coz they seemed to have forgotten it was only my 11th day today..and my 10th yesterday...and if I were to calculate exactly, minusing the off days and sleeping day, I only worked like exactly 8 days, which is just like one week?
Didn't know if it was on purpose or not, but I hope it was not, but I was sort of left alone to do on the stuff which I have just learnt, and still not sure of, still lost. Was on the PM shift yesterday, supposedly there was another colleague who was supposed to be there with me on the PM shift, but she went on urgent leave.
As for my mentor, she went out for meeting, and only came back at around 8pm,and another colleague, our social worker, she brought two residents out for home visits, hey why yesterday when there isn't even enuff ppl working already? Ya, she did write in the logbook, ya my fault, I didn't read it, but u think i have time to go read the logbook? She didn't tell me she's bringing them out, she told another colleague, but that colleague did not tell me who she brought out, in the end, one of the nurse aide ask me to go find this resident, which i did not knw went out with this social worker. And I ended up searching for that resident whilst dng my rounds.
What the heck? And my shift was from 1.30pm-9.30pm lor, imagine the hours I was left alone? Well of coz there are still a colleague of my same post with me until 5.30pm, but I have to do lotsa stuff lor, whilst feeling lost.
Got sort of reprimanded by this staff nurse, her name was Penny, she sort of raised her voice on me, saying that I did not tell her that, one of our resident was discharged and sent back to the Home, but in the first place I didn't even know she was discharged (k, I know she was discharged,and by the way, another staff nurse also knw she was discharged, but she didn't inform that stupid Staff nurse Penny, so is it my fault then? And I did not knw resident is back from the Hospital in the first place!!!!!) Nobody told me she was back from the hospital as well, I wasn't even the one who opens the door for her. Apparently, whoever who knew that (don't wanna push blame), did not record into the logbook, and did not inform me.Hey, HELLooooo, I'm
NEW, and I'm still lost, and I'm left alone to do all these, of coz I'll get mixed up lor, everything was so confusing, there isn't exactly like steps to do, there were too many miscellaneous stuff to do.
Not trying to complain, but it's juz a small grumble...I tot this job was supposed to come with "on-job" training, but in the end, my mentor was only with me like once or twice? HeLLLoooo....U CALL THIS ON-JOB TRAINING? K, I admit, I'm stupid, I'm dumb, I'm nervous about everything, but please lor, if u wanna train, then train properly please, the rest of the exec PCPs who are the same post taught me how to do stuff, but it wasn't detailed at all.
But overall, yesterday went pretty ok, except for those blunders, and except that I was late for the dinner meal time to stand there and supervise, as I didn't hv time to do rounds earlier...had to do during mealtimes, everything went wrong yesterday...it was all irritating.
K, I've learnt my lesson, will plan my timings properly the next time. Well, but if u ask me, how to plan when all these have to be fallen on u? Everyone comes to bother you, the residents, the staff(s) the workers...? And A POINT TO NOTE, usually AM and PM shifts have MORE THAN ONE exec PCPs working, NOT JUST ONE! And I'm left alone,and new, and lost, as ONE SINGLE PCP working the PM shift!
The job is cool, I like it, I still love it, but pPPPLLLleasSSSeE, before u ppl leave me alone, can you all make sure all these information is being passed to me? Not like, some dunno know the info, then others knw, but never inform, helloooooooo, like tat how to ensure efficiency? No wonder the turn-over rate so high...!!! Now I knw....
Hope everything goes well! I still love the job! I do! I do!....But if all these carries on like that, then off I'll go....of coz, will work at least 3 mths...dun wanna pay the agency lor...
Oh God, buddhas, Jesus, Pek gong, Goddess of mercy, all the other deities in heaven, and all the gods around the world and of all religions! Please help me get pass all these! Please give me the courage and patience and ability to do and handle all these!
Love all...cheerios,
Jac
^♥^Who can melt my heart Missing u ^♥^.
7:31 PM